Custom Statistics: Trade between Finland and North Macedonia in 2021

Trade figures between Finland and North Macedonia (January - December 2021)

Trade exchange in 2021 amounted to EUR 79.7 million, which is 138.6% increase compared to 2020. Exports from Finland amounted to EUR 2.4 million, which is 32.1% decrease compared to 2020. Imports to Finland amounted to EUR 77.3 million, which is 154.6% increase compared to 2020. The trade balance is negative and it amounts to EUR 74.9 million.

Main export commodities from Finland are: Paper, paperboard and articles thereof (EUR 0.569 million); Plastics and articles thereof (EUR 0.439 million); Machinery and mechanical parts (EUR 0.419 million); Medical instruments and apparatus (EUR 0.165 million); Electric machinery and parts (EUR 0.132 million); Rubber and articles thereof (EUR 0.134 million).

Main import commodities to Finland are: Iron and steel (EUR 48 million); Medical instruments and apparatus (EUR 25.7 million); Electric machinery and parts (EUR 1 million); Knitted apparel and clothing (EUR 0.619 million); Not knitted apparel and clothing (EUR 0.565 million); Edible vegetables (EUR 0.345 million); Cocoa and its preparations (EUR 0.291 million); Footwear (EUR 0.192 million).

Paper, paperboard and articles thereof contribute with 23.7%, Plastics and articles thereof contribute with 18.3% and Machinery and mechanical parts with 17.5% of overall Finnish exports towards North Macedonia. These three industries amount to 59.5% of the overall Finnish exports towards North Macedonia.

Until 2019, North Macedonian market has been quite unexplored for Finnish companies. However, in 2019, 2020 and 2021 situation changed significantly. Iron and steel contribute with 62.1% and Medical instruments and apparatus contribute with 33.2% of overall Finnish imports from North Macedonia. These two industries amount to 95.3% of the overall Finnish imports from North Macedonia.

Source: Finnish Customs, International Trade Statistics http://uljas.tulli.fi/(Linkki toiselle verkkosivustolle)