Europe and Neighbouring Areas
The Unit for Communications on Europe and Neighbouring Areas is responsible for the Ministry’s external and internal communications and public diplomacy related to Europe, Russia and Central Asia, and for their strategic planning, development and coordination in cooperation with the Ministry's other departments and missions abroad.
Europe Information is part of the Unit for Communications on Europe and Neighbouring Areas. Europe Information is responsible for communications with citizens in matters relating to the EU in the two national languages of Finland (Finnish and Swedish).
The Director supervises one unit in Helsinki and a branch office in Rovaniemi.
The main duties of the Unit for Communications on Europe and Neighbouring Areas are:
- support for the communications of the Ministry's departments and missions abroad
- public diplomacy and other Team Finland activities
- visits by foreign journalists and experts
- communications with citizens and stakeholders
- offering assistance to civil society organisations in their provision of European information.
Unit for Communications on Europe and Neighbouring Areas
PO Box 176
Kanavakatu 3 C
- +358 295 351 847
- +358 40 510 7518
- +358 295 350 682
- +358 295 350 261
- +358 295 350 089
- +358 295 350 284
- +358 295 350 245
- +358 295 351 363
- +358 295 350 242
- +358 295 351 509
E-mail addresses are in the form: firstname.lastname@example.org. Scandinavian characters are replaced by: ä=a, ö=o, å=a.