Passport and Notarial Services Unit
Passport and Notarial Services Unit is responsible for:
- guidance and coordination of passport issues at Finnish missions abroad and development of the passport system
- decisions on service passports, processing of applications for diplomatic passports, and acquisition of visas for duty travel related to the branch of activities of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- approval of foreign travel documents.
Notarial services and elections
- voting abroad in Finland’s national elections
- certificates issued for foreign authorities in accordance with the Act on Notary Public
- guidance and coordination of notarial services at Finnish missions
- international requests for legal assistance
- acquisition of a document concerning a person or an address from abroad only for a specific reason
- vessel and population registers and matters relating to military service and citizenship.
Judicial and legislative affairs associated with the Unit’s responsibilities, including expert and executive assistance and provision of advice.
Customer service hours and visiting address, see Contact information (Opens New Window)
Legalisation of documents
Diplomatic and service passports, visas for duty travel
Tel. 0295 351 080, 0295 351 085, 0295 351 065
Acquisition of documents and contact details from abroad
Advice on passports
- +358 295 160 01
- +358 295 351 524
- +358 295 351 065
- +358 295 351 080
- +358 295 351 085
- +358 295 350 618
- +358 295 350 428
- +358 295 350 394
- +358 295 351 092
- +358 295 350 758
E-mail addresses are in the form: firstname.lastname@example.org. Scandinavian characters are replaced by: ä=a, ö=o, å=a.