Pre-assignment training for development cooperation postings
'Finland’s development policy and development cooperation in 2020' is a training course for persons assigned to postings in the partner countries.
Target groups of the course
The course is meant for persons and organisations that are directly involved in projects and activities conducted under the Foreign Ministry's development cooperation funding. The course may be attended by persons serving in expert positions in international organisations and civil society organisations, consultants and researchers working in ICI projects, as well as Junior Professional Officers transferring to work for the UN (JPO, UNV, SARC).
If you are interested, apply for the course. The applicants are expected to:
- participate in a project funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- have connections with organisations engaged in development cooperation (consultant agencies, universities)
- be interested in and a potential candidate for projects funded from development cooperation appropriations.
Persons employed by the Foreign Ministry, whose work is related to development policy and development cooperation, will also attend the course.
Objectives of the basic course on development policy and development cooperation
The training course offers basic information about Finland's development policy and development cooperation.
The aims of the course are to:
- provide an overall picture of international working environments and the effectiveness and results-based approach of development cooperation
- offer an overall picture of the development policy of the Government of Finland, including the principles, goals and key priorities of development policy
- promote awareness of the ways in which Finland' exerts influence
- provide a general picture of the implementation of Finland's development cooperation and its channels and guiding principles.
Course dates in 2020
2–8 September 2020. The Training on Finland’s Development Policy and Cooperation in 2020 will be held virtually in English on Teams platform on September 2-8. Binding registration by August 26th 2020.
Total length of the course: 5 half day sessions.
Print out and fill in the registration form below. You can return the completed form via email.
Ilmoittautumiskaavake (.rtf in Finnish)
For more information about the courses, please contact the Unit for Development Policy by email: Hannele.Karppinen(a)formin.fi.