The Unit for Communications on Current Affairs is responsible for external and internal communications relating to topical affairs, communications within the organisation, and communications with citizens and stakeholders in matters concerning foreign and security policy and the Ministry's organisational units providing services, as well as for the strategic planning, development and coordination of communications. Europe Information is part of the Unit for Communications on Current Affairs. Europe Information is responsible for communications with citizens in matters relating to the EU in the two national languages of Finland (Finnish and Swedish).
The main duties of the Unit for Current Affairs are:
- the Ministry’s external communications on current affairs, including its social media channels and media events
- the Foreign Service's internal communications
- support for the communications of the Ministry's departments and missions abroad
- news and media monitoring for the needs of the Foreign Service
- coordination of crisis communications in the Department
- content management of the Ministry’s external and internal web communications, including coordination, steering and development of content production
- Europe Information: communications with citizens and stakeholders, supporting civil society organisations in communicating Europe Information.
Unit for Communications on Current Affairs
PO Box 176
- +358 295 351 356
- +358 40 481 9880
- +358 295 350 189
- +358 295 350 089
- +358 295 350 196
- +358 295 351 363
- +358 295 351 020
- +358 295 350 261
- +358 295 350 240
- +358 295 351 593
- +358 295 351 742
- +358 295 351 765
E-mail addresses are in the form: email@example.com. Scandinavian characters are replaced by: ä=a, ö=o, å=a.