Director General of Communications
The tasks of the Director General of Communications are laid down in section 49 of the Rules of Procedure of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
- +358 295 351 342
- +358 295 351 116
- +358 295 350 425
Deputy Director General
The tasks of the Deputy Director General are laid down in section 50 of the Rules of Procedure of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. In addition, the Deputy Director General has the main responsibility for
- the Department’s administrative affairs and training matters
- preparation of the Management Group meetings
- issuing opinions on behalf of the Department
- coordination of activities with the Ministry’s other departments
- In addition, the Deputy Director General takes care of other tasks assigned by the Director General.
A Communications Development Team, which is led by the Head of Web Communications, functions under the Director General of Communications and serves the whole Department. The team is responsible for:
- technical development and maintenance of web communications tools for the Foreign Service web communications and their integration with other information systems
- support for the strategic and operational planning of communications
- provision of expertise and coordination of systems that support communications
- communicative management of the visual image of the Foreign Service.
The public officials responsible for the Department’s administrative tasks work under the Deputy Director General and form an Administrative Services Team with its own team leader. The team is responsible for:
- the Department's human resources administration and travel management services
- financial management services for the department, including management of procurement
- assistant services for the management
- organisation of events at departmental level
- management of the International Press Center (IPC)
- +358 295 351 351
- +358 295 350 188
- +358 295 351 391
- +358 295 351 116
Communications development team
- +358 295 350 384
- +358 295 351 340
- +358 295 350 240
- +358 295 351 357
E-mail addresses are in the form: firstname.lastname@example.org. Scandinavian characters are replaced by: ä=a, ö=o, å=a.