Manual for Bilateral Programmes 2018
The revised "Manual for Bilateral Programmes" replaces the version published in 2016. The new version of the manual provides updated instructions on how the MFA guidelines on Result Based Management (RBM) and on the Human Rights Based Approach to Development (HRBA) direct the project work at different stages of project cycle as well as some other small updates on the implementation of project cycle.
While the manual shall be applied in cooperation that has been agreed between Finland and partner country governments, it contains several elements that are useful also in the planning and implementation of other forms of cooperation.
Chapter 1, Development Policy Framework, gives an overview on the development policy framework and guiding principles of Results Based Management (RBM) and the Human Rights Based Approach to Development (HRBA). Chapter 2 follows the programme cycle and explains how to apply the RBM and HRBA in its various phases.
The revised version of the Manual for Bilateral Programme is launched with updated annexes. We are piloting these annexes and we are happy to receive feedback and ideas from the users of the manual. Kindly send any comments and suggestions for improvement of the Manual and its Annexes by e-mail to KEOemail@example.com.
- Outline for a Concept Note (doc)
- Terms of Reference for the identification of the bilateral project (doc)
- Guidance and Checklist for Climate Sustainability (doc)
- Human Rights Based Approach Checklist (doc)
- Outline for Terms of Reference of Supervisory Board (doc)
- Outline for Project Document (doc)
- Outline for Results Framework (doc)
- Terms of Reference for Project Formulation (doc)
- Outline of the Appraisal Document (doc)
- Terms of Reference for the appraisal of project document (doc)
- Sample Agenda for the Supervisory Board meeting (doc)
- Sample template for a Project Budget (xls)
- Inception Phase Checklist (doc)
- Sample Outline for a Project Implementation Manual (doc)
- Sample Agenda for the Kick-off Meeting (doc)
- Instructions for the Utilization of Project Motor Vehicles (pdf)
- Outline for Project Annual Work Plan (doc)
- Outline for an Annual Report (doc)
- Template for periodic financial report (xls)
- Checklist for the Project Completion (doc)
- Document to certify handing over of project assets (doc)
- Document to Certify the Project Completion (doc)