Visa requirement and travel documents accepted by Finland
The Schengen member states have jointly agreed about the rules concerning the movement of third-country nationals in their territories and decided which countries' citizens are required to present a visa. Furthermore, each Schengen State has decided which travel documents citizens of different third countries have to present upon entering the country.
The European Commission is maintaining the table of travel documents accepted by the Schengen member states, and entitling the holder to cross the external borders and which may be endorsed with a visa: Travel documents issued by third countries and territorial entities (Part I)(Link to another website.) (Opens New Window) (European Commission).
Visa requirements and travel documents accepted by Finland are listed below.
Ukraine: travel documents to Finland
(valid until further notice)
- Visa requirement does not concern Diplomatic passports and biometric Service passports
- Holders of a biometric, Ordinary passport are visa free to Schengen area and Finland from 11 June 2017
- Holders of an old passport (not a biometric passport) to Schengen area and Finland
Travel documents accepted by Finnish authorities
- Ordinary passport
- Diplomatic passport
- Service passport/Official duty passport
- Travel Document of a Child
- Refugee's document for travelling abroad
- Certificate for return to Ukraine, recognized for exit to return to Ukraine
- Seaman's book (on duty)
- Travel document for person granted complementary protection
Visa facilitation agreements
Agreement between the European Community and Ukraine on the facilitation of the issuance of visas(Link to another website.) (Opens New Window) (Official Journal of the European Union, 18 Dec. 2007, Nr. L 332/68)
Agreements between the European Community Ukraine have been in force from 1 January 2008.
A(Link to another website.) (Opens New Window)mending the Agreement between the European Community and Ukraine on the facilitation of the issuance of visas(Link to another website.) (Opens New Window) (01/07/2013).