Unit for South-Eastern Europe
The Unit covers with issues concerning the following countries:
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Turkey, Holy See.
Twinning and TAIEX activities also include: Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Moldova, Palestine, Syria, Tunis, Ukraine and Russia.
The Unit is responsible for the following issues:
- negotiations concerning EU enlargement and related issues
- coordination of the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) in respect of the Western Balkans
- national coordination, guidance and advice related to EU Twinning and TAIEX activities
- political, trade political, economic and development cooperation issues related to bilateral relations and EU relations within the competence of the unit
- guidance of the Finnish missions based in the countries of the region
- coordination of Finnish development policy and project cooperation in the Western Balkans and Turkey
- the Stabilisation and Association Process (SAP) and the Peace Process in the Western Balkans
- the Stability Pact for South-Eastern Europe (SP SEE)
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey
- +358 9 160 555 650
- +358 295 350 164
Western-Balkans, EU Enlargement, Romania, Bulgaria Team
- +358 295 352 030
- +358 295 350 271
- +358 295 350 357
Turkey, Greece, Cyprus Team
- +358 295 350 305
- +358 295 350 579
E-mail addresses are in the form: firstname.lastname@example.org. Scandinavian characters are replaced by: ä=a, ö=o, å=a.