Unit for South-Eastern Europe
The Unit covers with issues concerning the following countries:
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Holy See, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Turkey.
Twinning and TAIEX activities also include: Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Moldova, Palestine, Syria, Tunis, Ukraine and Russia.
The Unit is responsible for the following issues:
- negotiations concerning EU enlargement and related issues
- coordination of the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) in respect of the Western Balkans
- national coordination, guidance and advice related to EU Twinning and TAIEX activities
- political, trade political, economic and development cooperation issues related to bilateral relations and EU relations within the competence of the unit
- guidance of the Finnish missions based in the countries of the region
- coordination of Finnish development policy and project cooperation in the Western Balkans and Turkey
- the Stabilisation and Association Process (SAP) and the Peace Process in the Western Balkans
- the Stability Pact for South-Eastern Europe (SP SEE)
- +358 9 160 555 650
- +358 295 350 164
Western-Balkans, EU Enlargement, Romania, Bulgaria Team
- +358 295 352 030
- +358 295 350 271
Turkey, Greece, Cyprus Team
- +358 295 350 305
- +358 295 350 579
- +358 295 350 237
National Twinning and Taiex Coordination Team
The Twinning Team of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs helps agencies with the preparation and implementation of projects. You can contact us whenever you need more information on Twinning.
- +358 295 351 555
- +358 295 350 363
E-mail addresses are in the form: firstname.lastname@example.org. Scandinavian characters are replaced by: ä=a, ö=o, å=a.