Roving Ambassador for South Caucasus
Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia
Finland’s official representative for South Caucasus is Roving Ambassador Arja Makkonen. She is based in Helsinki and visits the countries of the district assigned to the post around four times a year.
The roving ambassadors are responsible for maintaining and promoting the political, commercial and cultural relations between Finland and these countries. They present Finland’s positions to decision makers and communicate information about the region to Finland. They also try to help Finnish companies in accessing the markets of the countries of the region.
Services to Finnish citizens:
Supervision of rights and interests
Crisis situations/assistance of persons in distress
24/7 service in the Ministry for Foreign Affairs
+358 9 1605 5555, päivystys.um(at)formin.fi
Services to foreigners:
- Visa to Finland
- Visa Representation Agreements (Schengen countries representing Finland)
- Residence permits: Georgian citizens can apply for a Finnish residence permit at the Embassy of Finland in Kiev, Armenians and Azerbaijanis at the Embassy of Finland in Moscow
- Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) 2019: Second Call for Project Proposals in South Caucasus is open
- The Finnish Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) is a fund managed by the Office of the Ambassador to Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. The fund supports initiatives of local non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations and other institutions in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. Priority areas of the FLC are gender equality, disabled persons and economic empowerment of the most vulnerable. Second call for project proposals is open until Monday, 21.10.2019.
Services for companies:
- Promoting cooperation programmes
- Team Finland services for companies
Roving Ambassador for the South Caucasus
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia
Roving Ambassadors do not provide consular services. Consular services are provided by the Embassies of Finland in the area.
- +358 295 351 964
- +358 295 350 899
- +358 9 160 565 39
- +358 295 350 589
E-mail addresses are in the form: firstname.lastname@example.org. Scandinavian characters are replaced by: ä=a, ö=o, å=a.