How to ensure that Indigenous peoples’ voices are heard and rights are respected in climate action?
The virtual discussion was held on Wednesday November 24, hosted by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and The Sámi Parliament of Finland. Participants included
- Foreign Minister Pekka Haavisto
- UN Special Rapporteur Francisco Calí Tzay
- Vice Chair of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (EMRIP) Rodion Sulyandziga
- Executive Director of Tebtebba Foundation Victoria Tauli-Corpuz
- Anne Nuorgam, Chair of the UN Permanent Forum of Indigenous Issues moderated the conversation
Finland will be a member of the UN Human Rights Council in 2022–2024. Visit um.fi/hrc to learn more.
The recording was available to view until 8 December 2021.