Refurbishment of Merikasarmi starts with relocation of some departments
The Merikasarmi premises of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs in Katajanokka, Helsinki, will be refurbished and renovated in 2018–2021. The work will start on 1 November 2018.
On 8 October 2018, the following departments and units will move to Eteläesplanadi 4, which will be their temporary address:
- Deputy Director General for Human Resources
- Human Resources Unit
- Unit for Human Resources Development and Occupational Wellbeing
- Under-Secretary of State for External Economic Relations
- Department for External Economic Relations
- Under-Secretary of State for Internal and External Services
- Director General for Administrative Services
- Financial Management Unit
- Unit for Policy Planning and Research
All departments and units will have moved from Merikasarmi by the end of 2019. In the autumn and next winter, the present Merikasarmi premises will be emptied and personnel will be relocated not only to Eteläesplanadi 4 but also to Kanavakatu 3 in Katajanokka, and to the Government Palace next the Senate Square.