Child protection enquiry

At the request of another authority or the child's parent or guardian, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs can assist in the clarification of a child's circumstances abroad in case the matter does not fall under the competence of any other authority.

In child protection matters, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs cooperates with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health and Finnish child protection authorities.

If a child is residing abroad temporarily, the parent or guardian  can ask the mission to make a request for clarification about the child's circumstances. An inquiry concerning a child's circumstances requires that the parent or guardian has a well-grounded reason to suspect that the child's circumstances endanger or threaten to risk the child's health. 

Content administrator