Afghanistan Conference 2020 – Information for the media
The 2020 Afghanistan Conference was a virtual conference, with only co-hosts – the Government of Afghanistan, Government of Finland and the United Nations Assistance Mission for Afghanistan (UNAMA) meeting at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
Accredited journalists to the United Nations in Geneva and the Afghanistan Conference were able to participate in person or attend the press events virtually. All conference proceedings were webcast live on https://webtv.un.org(Link to another website.) and the event was fully recorded.
The Conference closed with a press conference with Abdul Hadi Arghandehwal, Minister of Finance of Afghanistan, M. Haneef Atmar, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan, Ville Skinnari, Finland’s Minister of Trade and Development, Pekka Haavisto, Finland’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Deborah Lyons, Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General and Head of UNAMA.
- The Press Conference(Link to another website.)
- Afternoon press statement by Finland’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Pekka Haavisto https://bit.ly/Finland241120(Link to another website.)
- Afternoon press statement by SRSG Deborah Lyons, UNAMA https://bit.ly/UNAMA241120(Link to another website.)
- Afternoon press statement by Deputy Minister of Finance, Mr. Abdul Habib Zadran, Government of Afghanistan https://bit.ly/Afghanistan241120(Link to another website.)
- Information about the Conference programme and recordings of the statements made at the Conference
- See the official photos of the event(Link to another website.)
- Information for journalists (pdf, 324 KB)